fees & payments
Please be aware of the following Policies:
- We do charge a missed or cancelled appointment fee with less than a 24-hour notice: behavioral health $100 & medical $50 which will be applied to your account and will be charged to your credit card on file.
- As a courtesy, Kalos Comprehensive Care Counseling attempts to determine your financial liability with the insurance information you provide us prior to your initial visit. Ultimately, verifying your coverage and amount owed is your responsibility. If you have any questions regarding your mental health insurance coverage please call the number on the back of your insurance card regarding your mental health coverage and benefits.
- We do not accept any Employment Assistance Program’s (EAP).
- Payment is due at time of services are rendered. Patient is responsible for all deductible amounts, co-payments, coinsurance, and any remaining balances unpaid by your insurance carrier.
- Once your insurance claims have paid should there be a balance, unless other arrangements have been made, we will charge the most recently provided card per your signed Financial Agreement.
- We bill all primary insurance. We do bill secondary insurance.
- Patients are expected to show for appointments at their scheduled time. If you arrive 20 minutes late, we are required to reschedule your appointment and charged you the $100.00 “no show” fee for the missed appointment to the card on file that you put on your Financial Agreement.
- Patient is responsible for the full rate we charge the insurance company when payment is denied should we be informed it was denied due to your premium not been paid, termination of coverage, or lapse in coverage.
- All credit cards used for account payments will be assessed a 3.75% (+ $.30) credit card convenience fee, alternatively, you may pay with cash or check and avoid the convenience fee.
- Any check returned due to insufficient funds (NSF) will result in an additional charge of $35.00. The amount for which the check was written, the $35.00, any unpaid balance of the account will be charged to your credit card kept on file per the financial agreement.